Healthier (K) Medical Technologies and Solutions Limited is is the author and publisher of the internet resource www.healthierkenya.co.ke (“Website”) on the world wide web as well as the software and applications provided by Healthier Kenya, including but not limited to the mobile application ‘WalimuCare’ and ‘Healthier Kenya’. We are committed to protecting the confidentiality, integrity and security of information you share with us. Healthier Kenya knows that you expect a high level of privacy and security for the personal information that you have shared or intend sharing with us. This privacy notice is designed to inform you of the types of information we collect from our customers, how we may use that information, and the circumstances under which we will share it with third parties. This privacy and security policy ("this policy") outlines Healthier Kenya's practices and commitment to the customer in this regard.
- “You” means any Customer, agent, dealer and/or merchants or supplier who subscribes to, uses or purchases any of our products and services, accesses our website or gains access to any Healthier Kenya premises.
- “Healthier Kenya”, “we” or “us”, “our” and “ours” means Healthier (K) Medical Technologies and Solutions Limited.
- The word “includes” means that what follows is not necessarily exhaustive and therefore the examples given are not the only things/situations included in the meaning or explanation of that text
Healthier Kenya shall strive to ensure that the personal information you provide to us is treated securely and responsibly as we keenly appreciate that a breach of this policy and notice could potentially lead to negative impacts on your well-being.
How Does Healthier Kenya Collect Your Information?
We collect your personal information with your knowledge and consent when you do any of the following (please note that this list is not exhaustive):
- Register for any of our products or services
- Buy, subscribe to or use a Healthier Kenya product or service online, on the cloud, on a mobile or other device or in a Healthier Kenya premise
- Subscribe to Healthier Kenya or third-party premium rates services, Short Message Service (SMS), email or social media platforms
- Ask Healthier Kenya for more information about a product or service or contact Healthier Kenya with a query or complaint
- Respond to or participate in a survey, marketing promotion, prize competition or special offer
- Visit, access or use Healthier Kenya or third-party websites
- We may also collect your information from other organizations including credit-reference bureaus, fraud prevention agencies and business directories
- We may collect your information when you interact with us as a supplier, agent, merchant or dealer as prescribed in this statement
- We also collect information when you visit any of our premises
We do not onboard minors (any person under 18 years of age) except where you additionally register on their behalf as their parent and/ or legal guardian. If you allow a child to use our services, you should be aware that their personal information could be collected as described in this statement.
What Information Is Collected?
Information requirements may vary depending on the Healthier Kenya products and services to which a customer subscribes. Customer information in general refers to personal information submitted to Healthier Kenya via the website or buy online portal that identifies or relates to a visitor or customer, whether they are an individual or a business. This information includes but is not limited to;
- Your identity and registration information, including your name, photograph, address, location, phone number, identity document type and number, date of birth, email address, age, gender and mobile number
- Your location data will also be collected
- Your transaction information when you use our products and services
- Your preferences for particular products and services, based on information provided by you or from your use of Healthier Kenya’s (or third party) products and services
- Name, family details, age, profiling information such as level of education, bank account status, income brackets, etc. collected as part of surveys conducted by Healthier Kenya and their agents on behalf of Healthier Kenya
- Your contact with us, such as when you: call us or interact with us through social media, our chatbot Tumaini, post mail, email (we may record your conversations, social media or other interactions with us), register your biometric information such as your finger prints, facial recognition, etc. with us (or third party), or visit any Healthier Kenya offices
- Your account information and account transactions
- We may use Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) surveillance recordings. CCTV Devices are installed at strategic locations to provide a safe and secure environment in all Healthier Kenya premises as a part of our commitment to community safety, security and crime prevention
- We maintain a register of visitors in which we collect and keep your personal data such as names, company/institution details, telephone number, vehicle registration details and National ID number. This information is collected for health, safety and security purposes
- We may use your medical information to manage our services and products to you e.g. to define our actuarial, underwriting and pricing risk strategies
- We collect your personal information when you visit us for purposes of accident and incident reporting. Healthier Kenya will collect personal data from the injured party or person suffering from ill health, such as, Name, Address, Age, next of kin, details of the incident to include any relevant medical history. The data is collected as Healthier Kenya has a legal duty to document workplace incidents/accidents and to report certain types of accidents, injuries and dangerous occurrences arising out of its work activity to the relevant enforcing authority
- Incidents and accidents will be investigated to establish what lessons can be learned to prevent such incidents/accidents reoccurring including introduction of additional safeguards, procedures, information instruction and training, or any combination of these. Monitoring is undertaken but on an anonymized basis. The information is also retained in the event of any claims for damages
Why Does Healthier Kenya Collect Your Information?
We collect information to provide better services to you, and we may send this information to third party tools to improve our services, and to personalize your user experience. The information collected may be used for the following purposes but not limited to;
- Your location information is useful in providing meaningful experience on our website and mobile application. We use this information to provide directions to hospitals, recommending hospitals near you, to making sure your hospital search results include only those near you.
- Processing products and services that you have bought from Healthier Kenya or from third parties on our ecommerce platform
- Billing you for using our or third-party products or services or taking the appropriate amount of credit from you
- Responding to any of your queries or concerns
- Verifying your identity information through publicly available and/or restricted government databases in order to comply with applicable regulatory requirements
- Carrying out credit checks and credit scoring
- Keeping you informed generally about new products and services and contacting you with offers or promotions based on how you use our or third-party products and services unless you opt out of receiving such marketing messages (you may contact Healthier Kenya using firstname.lastname@example.org, to opt out of receiving marketing messages)
- To comply with any legal, governmental or regulatory requirement or for use by our lawyers in connection with any legal proceedings
- In business practices including to quality control, training and ensuring effective systems operations
- To protect our systems
- To understand how you use our network, products and services for purposes of developing or improving products and services
- Preventing and detecting fraud or other crimes and for debt recovery
- For research, statistical, survey and other scientific or business purposes
- Provide aggregated data (which do not contain any information which may identify you as an individual) to third parties for research and scientific purpose
- Administer any of our online platforms/websites
- To make the site easier for you to access by not having to enter the information more than once
- To help you quickly find services and information
- To help us create content that is more relevant to you
The decision to provide Healthier Kenya with certain customer information always up to you as the customer. However, it should be noted, withholding certain information may limit the services Healthier Kenya is able to offer you.
Healthier Kenya will not collect or use your information without obtaining your consent as required under law. In respect of all marketing activities related to Healthier Kenya services or products, consent to collect or use your information will be obtained from you.
In addition, third parties chosen by Healthier Kenya are taken through strict due diligence processes in order to ensure that customer information is handled securely. The type of information you will be asked to provide will vary according to the product or services required.
We will provide you with the means to ensure that your information is correct and current. You may view, edit and update your information anytime by visiting our website.
We employ the highest levels of security to keep your personal information strictly confidential. Further we take precautionary measures to ensure your data against misuse, loss, destruction, alteration, disclosure or accessed by unauthorized users. Once your information is in our possession we adhere to strict security guidelines, protecting it against unauthorized access.
This enable us to recognize you during subsequent visits, we may store some information (using "cookies") on your computer when you visit our website. Non personal data such as IP address, time of website visit, etc. may be used to develop customized services for your needs.
Device & Hardware information:
We collect device-specific information such as device make & model, network information, advertiser ID (to uniquely identify your device) and email address, if available, Location information - We automatically capture your public IP address, and your geo coordinates.
How Long Do We Keep Your Information for?
We’ll keep your personal information in accordance with our internal retention policies. We’ll determine the length of time we keep it for based on the minimum retention periods required by law or regulation. We’ll only keep your personal information after this period if there’s a legitimate and provable business reason to do so. Anonymized information that can no longer be associated with you may be held indefinitely.
Third Party Advertising:
We may use third-party advertising companies and/or ad agencies to serve ads when you visit our Website. These companies may use information (excluding your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this Website in order to provide advertisements on this Website and other third party websites about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
We may use third-party service providers to serve ads on our behalf across the internet and sometimes on this Website. They may collect anonymous information about your visits to Website, and your interaction with our products and services. They may also use information about your visits to this and other Websites for targeted advertisements for goods and services. No personally identifiable information is collected or used in this process.
Query and Support:
Healthier Kenya reserves the right to amend this policy at any time. All amendments to this policy will be posted on the website (www.healthierkenya.co.ke ). Unless otherwise stated, the current version shall supersede and replace all previous versions of this policy.
If a user uses the services or accesses the website after a notice of changes has been sent to such user or published on the website, such user will have to provide his/her/its consent to the changed terms.
Help Contribute to The Protection of Your Information:
We will not be liable for any errors in content or that the information provided is inaccurate, incomplete, or unsuitable for any purpose since the personal information is solely provided by the you during registration process.
Further, we will not be responsible for the statements made by third parties. Healthier Kenya advocates that you help maintain the security of your personal information by taking the following steps:
- Not sharing your ID or password with anyone
- Changing your password regularly
- Remembering to sign off after an online session
- Not leaving your computer unattended while conducting online transactions
- Reporting lost or stolen cards
- Helping us maintain accurate records by letting us know when your circumstance change so that we can update our records accordingly
- Not sending any confidential information via non-encrypted e-mail
- Not supplying your personal and financial information to any site you do not know or trust
Non-Compliance with this Statement:
Healthier Kenya shall have the right to terminate any agreement with you for failure to comply with the provisions of this statement and reject any application for information contrary to this statement.
Statement Effective Date:
1st April 2020